[Container-tools] Reusable Ansible scripts for setting up Atomic on CentOS/7

Ratnadeep Debnath rtnpro at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 08:52:55 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Last few days, I have been playing around setting up Atomic
environment on CentOS 7. Although it was not that difficult, but it
was not free of hiccups as well:
- Setting up docker storage pool consistently
- Getting Kubernetes up on a single node without any tinkering

Well, [1] helped resolve setting up Docker storage pull, and [2]
helped get kubernetes up and running.

While I admire adb-atomic-developer[3], but I do not like the
monolithic nature of it. Same'd go for the Kubernetes Ansible scripts
at [4]. I can not just go ahead and reuse the scripts without
duplicating code.

So, I started working on setting up a small repo:
vagrant-ansible-centos-7-atomic[5], as a proof of concept, which is
not monolithic, but reuses smaller standalone components:
- Container ansible repo with boilerplate playbook
- standalone Ansible roles for Docker, Kubernetes, Atomic

Although my scripts above are pretty much naive, the intention for the
above work is to propose a better way to create small, reusable
repositories, rather than checking all code in a single repository.
"Small is beautiful". However, I do not deny the complexity of
maintaining a larger number of smaller repositories.

Please share your feedback on my work and thoughts above :)

[1]: http://kushaldas.in/posts/setting-up-storage-for-docker-on-fedora22-cloud-image.html
[2]: https://github.com/projectatomic/adb-atomic-developer-bundle/pull/76/files
[3]: https://github.com/projectatomic/adb-atomic-developer-bundle
[4]: https://github.com/kubernetes/contrib/blob/master/ansible/