[Container-tools] Reusable Ansible scripts for setting up Atomic on CentOS/7

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 07:09:37 UTC 2015

On 29 August 2015 at 18:52, Ratnadeep Debnath <rtnpro at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I started working on setting up a small repo:
> vagrant-ansible-centos-7-atomic[5], as a proof of concept, which is
> not monolithic, but reuses smaller standalone components:
> - Container ansible repo with boilerplate playbook
> - standalone Ansible roles for Docker, Kubernetes, Atomic
>
> Although my scripts above are pretty much naive, the intention for the
> above work is to propose a better way to create small, reusable
> repositories, rather than checking all code in a single repository.
> "Small is beautiful". However, I do not deny the complexity of
> maintaining a larger number of smaller repositories.

One advantage of this more modular approach is that the individual
roles could become candidates for submitting to Ansible Galaxy:
https://galaxy.ansible.com/intro#share

The other larger bundles could then potentially be updated to pull the
latest versions of the roles from Galaxy, rather than direct from
GitHub: https://galaxy.ansible.com/intro#download

Cheers,
Nick.