[Container-tools] Bug in the CDK2 Beta Bits

Burr Sutter bsutter at redhat.com
Thu Dec 3 13:32:39 UTC 2015

I had not heard about “oc get templates -n openshift”, that might be the missing link, the magic bit that I have been missing for months of pain & suffering :-)

Perhaps that should be the default “starting point” for every newbie user.

Step 1: oc login
Step 2: oc get templates -n openshift
Step 3: oc new-project
Step 4: oc new-app <template-name>

So the next question is…if I “oc new-app <tempalate-name>”, I then need some docs for each template that cover:
- Do I need to “oc get services” and “oc expose <service>” in order to make its endpoints addressable, by the browser in case of web apps/admin consoles and in the case of amq6, I need to expose AMQP, MQTT and MQTT+WS ports
- how to configure - how to insure AMQP, MQTT and MQTT+WS are in fact working on amq6
- how to inject my custom code - mostly by editing the ‘hello world” that is in there, save, git push, whatever, refresh browser

and I assume the best clean up after my experimentation is “oc delete project <step3>” when I am done playing and I wish to regain the memory used by the running containers.

On December 3, 2015 at 12:22:02 AM, Praveen Kumar (kumarpraveen.nitdgp at gmail.com) wrote:

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 9:01 PM, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 12/02/2015 08:40 AM, Burr Sutter wrote:
>
> aniel, has anyone written down some instructions on how to use the openshift
> inside of “rhel-ose”?
>
> https://10.1.2.2/console works

I am hoping that you used CDK box for this experiment. If you
installed 'oc' binary to your host then you have to first login before
perform/execute any operations. we also have predefined templates to
test our setup. If you are in CDK box using ssh then you don't have to
login because it have already required config exported but other steps
works as expected.

If you still face any issue please let us know what steps you followed
so we can also reproduce.

# oc login https://10.1.2.2:8443/
# oc get templates -n openshift
# oc new-app <template-name>