[Container-tools] Eclipse and ADB

Neependra Khare neependra.khare at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 16:32:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am engaged with a PoC, where a company is trying to
embrace DevOps from traditional IT.

They have chalked out initial plan and at first stage we are enabling
with container based dev environment for developers. All of
the developers are on Windows and they do development using
Eclipse. They would be running a VM with Project Atomic/CentOS
and build containers on them so that developers can do initial
QA on their on. Once that is done they would follow CI/CD pipeline.

In the discussion one question came. If Eclipse can directly connect
to the VM running containers then why we would need ADB. I was
suggesting to use ADB because using that we can run K8s inside
the VM, as in production easily and do initial QA. Can someone
mention more benefits for using ADB instead of just Eclipse plugin
for Docker.

Also is there any workflow for submitting a job on K8s from Eclipse ?

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Neependra