[Container-tools] Notes from Container Tool calls July 1st & 2nd

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Jul 6 09:12:26 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 03, 2015 at 12:09:29AM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>            Some notes from the Container Tool Cabal call
> 		 and Container Tool standup
> 		  July 1st & 2nd 2015
[...]
> CentOS 6 story:
>    - a (very) large majority of the people deploying CentOS are on CentOS 6,
>      so people ask for it.
>    - in upstream RHEL the whole effort is supported only on RHEL-7
>    - Docker ships a CentOS 6 version but it fails by default since one need
>      an updated kernel, one need to update to the kernel provided by
>      the Virt SIG to get things working
>    - We can't change the CentOS 6 releases done by Docker, at least we
>      should push documentation

  Just noticed, CentOS 6 support ought to be fixed in Docker 1.7.1, but
will be dropped from 1.8.0 !
   https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/14365

the comments there are well worth a read, especially Docker guys not suggesting
to run a custom non-pristine kernel to work around the issue.

Daniel

veillard at redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/