[Container-tools] Naming Convention for Nulecule Examples

Brian (bex) Exelbierd bex at pobox.com
Tue Jul 21 15:04:55 UTC 2015

On 07/21/2015 04:30 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 21/07/15 13:03, Brian (bex) Exelbierd wrote:

>>> can you post examples on what the renamed examples will look like ?
>>
>> nulecule/examples> ls
>> guestbook-go            guestbook-go-atomicapp
>> helloapache            helloapache-atomicapp
>> mariadb-app            mariadb-fedora-atomicapp*
>> mysql-centos7-atomicapp        mariadb-centos7-atomicapp*
>> redis-centos7-atomicapp        redis-centos7-atomicapp
>> skydns-atomicapp        skydns-atomicapp
>> wordpress-centos7-atomicapp    wordpress-centos7-atomicapp
>>
>> * These are proposed for renames in other PRs
>
> why have -atomicapp at all ?

These are Atomic Applications described with the Nulecule spec using the
Atomic App reference implementation.  I believe we need to call out
which implementation of Nulecule is used in the container name.  Or we
need to at least call them out as Atomic/Nulecule apps.

>> I am torn on things examples like redis-centos7-atomicapp, however in
>> this case it may be significant that the underlying container is on
>> CentOS.  In the case of the mariadb examples, the underlying OS is
>> required in order to differentiate the examples.
>
> why ? the user should really just be running mariadb or mysql.

These are simplistic examples, but they do seem to serve a purpose.

regards,

bex