[Container-tools] Notes from Container Tools cabal call July 22

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Jul 22 13:59:29 UTC 2015

     Notes from Container Tools cabal call July 22

Presents:
Aaron Weitekamp
Brian  Stinson
Brian Charles Exelbierd
Daniel Veillard
Dusty Mabe
Greg  Allen
Jan  Beran
Lalatendu Shishusankar Mohanty
Navid Shaik
Peter  Muir
Trieloff Carl
Václav Pavlín

Discussions with Max Andersen:
 * in instruction we start a box, from an Eclipse tooling we should not
   have to ssh in. Can we instead get a config file. After the vagrant
   command
 => REST API on top of atomicapp then one could just call it
 => in the CDK we do an vagrant up, but we need in an automated way find the IP of the server and port.
 => Pete and Brian will work on this together
 =>
 Card: https://trello.com/c/rfeFA7RK/160-work-with-eclipse-folks-to-test-mac-os-x-usability

VirtualBox backend:
 * we don't have an rpm for those there, CentOS can redistribute the
   binaries needed but might not be okay for Fedora. Better drivers
   (graphics and disk)
 * Lala to check if it can be shipped as part of the RHEL CDK too,
   but we need a list of all the files needed and associated Licences and
   provide to Brian
=> need a trello card
=> Vagrant on the CentOs site, the vagrant box got a lot of download,
   content and setup are fine, but people ask for 4 things:
 * VMWare hypervisor support
 * VBox users can't resize the disk to do this they need the tools from
   VB included would help a lot
 * Windows 8.1 have support for Hyper-V this would help
 * They want AMI and GCE ( cloud backed vagrant boxes) images too for
   the cloud development.

Openshift provider:
 * Aaron  is making progresses on OpenShift. Christoph made an PR for
   Openshift provider on Wordpress.
 * There is multiple use cases

XPath like access for replacement variables:
 * DV getting through the code, but had a hard time getting his environment ready

Get a review of the dev-assistant next week

Lala build the definition, Langdon should build the box this week and then once we have that Rel Eng build the final version . Lala to sync with Langdon and keep DV in loop

What about a f2f & design meeting in September in India where a number of
new staff will be joining:
   what about week of 14-18 Sep or 21-25 Sep in Bangalore ?

veillard at redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/