[Container-tools] Vagrant box for atomicapp

Langdon White langdon at redhat.com
Mon May 11 15:57:08 UTC 2015

On 05/11/2015 08:57 AM, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have a single vagrant box [1] which have required tools for
> atomicapp. It auto configures docker, kubernetes as single server/pod.
>
> To run the helloapache atomicapp you need to run below commands in a
> vagrant setup.
>
> 1. vagrant init atomicapp/dev
> 2. vagrant up
> 3. vagrant ssh
> 4. Create an asnwers file as mentioned in
> https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/aweiteka/helloapache/
> 5. atomic install aweiteka/helloapache:app
> 6. atomic run aweiteka/helloapache:app
>
> Verify if it is working:
>
> 1. Check if the pod is "running" state.
> 2. Check if the http content is available i.e. curl http://localhost/
>

> The details/more information is available in github link [2].
>
> [1] https://atlas.hashicorp.com/atomicapp/boxes/dev
> [2] https://github.com/LalatenduMohanty/centos7-container-app-vagrant-box
>
> Thanks,
> Lala

WOOT!! So awesome! Followed the steps and, after waiting for kube for a
bit :):

[vagrant at localhost helloapache]$ kubectl get pod fedoraapache
POD                 IP                  CONTAINER(S) IMAGE(S)
HOST                LABELS              STATUS
fedoraapache        172.17.0.2          fedoraapache fedora/apache
127.0.0.1/          name=fedoraapache   Running
[vagrant at localhost helloapache]$ curl 172.17.0.2
Apache

VERY NICE!

langdon