[Container-tools] Vagrant box for atomicapp

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Tue May 12 15:53:27 UTC 2015

On 05/11/2015 06:27 PM, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have a single vagrant box [1] which have required tools for
> atomicapp. It auto configures docker, kubernetes as single server/pod.
>
> To run the helloapache atomicapp you need to run below commands in a
> vagrant setup.
>
> 1. vagrant init atomicapp/dev
> 2. vagrant up
> 3. vagrant ssh
> 4. Create an asnwers file as mentioned in
> https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/aweiteka/helloapache/
> 5. atomic install aweiteka/helloapache:app
> 6. atomic run aweiteka/helloapache:app
>
> Verify if it is working:
>
> 1. Check if the pod is "running" state.
> 2. Check if the http content is available i.e. curl http://localhost/
>

> The details/more information is available in github link [2].
>
> [1] https://atlas.hashicorp.com/atomicapp/boxes/dev
> [2] https://github.com/LalatenduMohanty/centos7-container-app-vagrant-box

FYI,

A new version i.e. 1.1.0 of atomicapp vagrant box is available now. It
has bug fixes and new packages added to the base image. Thanks to all
who reported issues in the github repo. [1]

The base image contains following new packages.

  * docker-registry [2]
  * nfs-utils
  * PyYAML (dependency for atomicapp
  * libyaml-devel (dependency for atomicapp)

Regarding docker-registry, it has been added as developer might want to
create a local docker registry on the vagrant box. For detailed
information please refer the issue [2].

Please free to send PR or raise an issue.

[1]
https://github.com/LalatenduMohanty/centos7-container-app-vagrant-box/issues?q=milestone%3A1.1+is%3Aclosed
[2]
https://github.com/LalatenduMohanty/centos7-container-app-vagrant-box/issues/16