[Container-tools] drupal-app

Langdon White langdon at redhat.com
Thu May 14 05:09:04 UTC 2015

I think I have the content right, here:
https://github.com/whitel/atomicapp-drupal (directly on master now)
although a little hack-y. However, for some reason, when the db
container comes up now, the service doesn't seem to present the db
properly. Like, I get the ip/port/etc in the drupal instance, but if I
try to connect to it (either from in drupal or directly), it just times
out. However, if I connect to the pod IP it connects correctly. I also
get really weird output from kubectl get endpoints and I am not sure
what is up with that.

I am definitely seeing problems with app design that will be
non-trivial/non-standard to fix. As a simple example, drupal, when it
comes up, if it can't find the db, it just kinda falls over, with no
real good way to test again (we have this problem because of the lack of
ordering) from outside the container. I think we all expected this, but,
it is definitely causing challenges now.

Another example is the mapping of 1 person's design of their container
vs another's. For example, the hacked up drupal container I am using,
expects to create the db it will be using and skips it if the db exists.
However, the db container I am using takes a db_name param and creates a
db. Yeah... fun :)

Apologies that I didn't see y'all come back online.

Langdon

PS: here is my answers file, which helps:
[drupal]
sitename = drupal_site
image = localhost:5000/drupal
drupal_admin_pass = admin_pass