[Container-tools] [aos-devel] helm looks really interesting: a package manager for kubernetes

Vaclav Pavlin vpavlin at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 11:42:21 UTC 2015

After deeper look (I was quite interested..)

It seems to be Nulecule+Atomic App - many features. For instance:

1) No parametrization (no way to modify manifests other than change them
directly)
2) Single provider (only Kubernetes is supported by helm)
3) Hardcoded source of charts (all charts need to live in dies/charts
repository)
4) Distribution based on git (not sure if it belongs to pros or cons:) )

Otherwise it's very similar - they even depend on the availability of
kubectl command as we do..

Cheers,
Vašek