[Container-tools] Atomic Developer Bundle and OpenShift

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Mon Nov 9 12:24:27 UTC 2015

On 11/02/2015 11:04 PM, Langdon White wrote:

> * allow for k8s + docker to work independently of OpenShift: In the
> plans for ADB we wanted to allow a developer to use k8s+docker
> directly as well as OpenShift.

Do we want to run k8s single node setup and OpenShift in parallel or one
at a time?

IMO there is no extra benefit of running k8s and OpenShift in parallel.
Running one at a time should solve the purpose for us.  I see the work
flow as below.

1. An enterprise application developer gets ADB -> Runs the OpenShift
container (which is pre-cached in the box)   starts developing stuff on
top of OpenShift and continues with it . -> So ADB should support
OpenShift by default.

2.  The same developer or a new one want to experience  the native
Kubernetes . Now he has following options
      a. Stops the OpenShift containers and then run a command to setup
Kubernetes
      b. Does a vagrant destroy ; Vagrant up -> run a command to setup
Kubernetes.

If we don't want the developer to login in to the Vagrant box and run
the command through ssh, we can provide vagrantfiles for these use cases.

Thanks,
Lala