[Container-tools] Single node kube setup in ADB Vagrant box

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Mon Nov 16 12:37:26 UTC 2015

Running OpenShift and Kubernetes single node setup simultaneously in a
Vagrant box is really difficult and I don't think there is much value
running both at the same time. So we have remove the single node setup
from the ADB vagrant box making it neutral for OpenShift and k8s.

This means the ADB Vagrnat box will have the k8s packages but the
services will not be started and setup by-default.

Now there are two questions.

1. How to run OpenShift in the Vagrant box? We are working on that one.
Most likely it would need a custom Vagrantfile. Also the OpenShift
container will exist in the Vagrantbox.

2. How to provide single node k8s setup if an user needs it? For that we
have come up with the script [1] . We are planning to put the script as
a RPM and include in the Vagrantbox.

If you have a better idea with respect to the single k8s setup [1] (may
be a better name), let us know.

[1] https://github.com/LalatenduMohanty/k8s-setup

Thanks,
Lala