[Container-tools] Deduplication problem in answers.conf{, .sample}

Ratnadeep Debnath rtnpro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 10:35:27 UTC 2015

Hi Jeroen,

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 11:04 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.ch> wrote:
> On 2015-11-16 18:15, Ratnadeep Debnath wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.ch>
> I'm failing to understand the differences between [1] and [2] on the one
> hand, and [3] and [4] on the other, though. It seems to me that [3]
> establishes projectatomic/mariadb-centos7-atomicapp as an external app as
> well, and so I attempted to replicate just that.

> I may have to add that I'm based off of projectatomic/atomicapp:0.1.12,
> which, judging from browsing the atomicapp code is quite different from
> "current", but I couldn't move forward to projectatomic/atomicapp:0.2.x as
> it made the ADB/CDB Vagrant image (v1.4.0) fail in miserable ways. Now that
> I have tweaked some images and workstations to work without the Vagrant and
> without the ADB/CDB, I probably should move forward -- more on that later
> tonight.

I just installed projectatomic/mariadb-centos7-atomicapp from source
metadata using latest master and 0.0.12 release of atomicapp. Both
produced the same answers.conf.sample file:

[wordpress]
image = wordpress
db_pass = None
db_name = None
db_user = None
db_host = mariadb:3306
port = 8080
[mariadb-atomicapp]
db_pass = None
db_name = None
db_user = None
root_pass = MySQLPass
[general]
namespace = default

> Would you have some insight on whether my expectations are wrong here,
> though? The application in question is "kolab/atomicapp". I hope to be able
> to have "kolab/atomicapp" pull in "kolab/manticore-atomicapp" which in turn
> would pull in "kolab/mongodb-centos7-atomicapp" (again, pull request #22 to
> make that "projectatomic/mongodb-centos7-atomicapp").

Yes, it is possible to support the above use case using Nulecule and
atomicapp 0.2.x. However, as I had explained before, there will be
duplicate params in answers.conf.sample in [mongodb-atomicapp] and
[manticore-atomicapp].

Thanks,
rtnpro

--