[Container-tools] Way towards implementing nested Nulecule applications

Ratnadeep Debnath rtnpro at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 19:03:55 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Those who have been adventurous with the Nulecule spec and have tried
to implement nested Nulecule applications, 3 or more levels deep, must
have realized the pain points of doing so:

- it's hard to use external Nulecule applications out of the box
- namespace conflicts in a flat **answers** data
- duplicate params across sections in answers data

As a consumer of a Nulecule application, I believe, that we shouldn't
care about the complexities inside it, all we need to know is what
goes in and what comes out. This would require refactoring the way we
define and accept params for a Nulecule application, and would
eventually require the schema of answers data to evolve.

I have started articulating the ideas(problems and solutions) we have
been brainstorming on for some time at [1], to improve the developer
experience when developing nested Nulecule applications.

[1]: https://github.com/projectatomic/nulecule/issues/187

Thanks,
rtnpro
--