[Container-tools] beta3 testing status on win7

Burr Sutter bsutter at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 17:28:02 UTC 2015

Could you provide URLs to the docs & bits that you used, please?

On November 23, 2015 at 9:06:11 AM, Ondrej Ptak (optak at redhat.com) wrote:

Hello,
If anyone interested, here are notes from my testing cdk2-beta3 on windows 7.
Previously I heard/read something about vagrant and docker, I had almost no knowledge about openshift, kubernetes and CDK. So I tested it from new user POV, starting with documentation.

* installation works, but documentation has many flaws. (1st I didn't know which documentations are relevent, than some outdated/wrong info). It wasn't easy enough and took me quite a long time
* basic work with vagrant works well
* docker tested with several images and containers, works well (rhel-docker-eclipse)
* docker integration with eclipse is awesome (I don't use neither docker nor eclipse, but it was easy to use and well arranged)
* rhel-ose Vagrantfile works, but I didn't try any app in ose (just some general ose commands which worked)
* rhel-k8s-singlenode-setup: just tried that VM start, I didn't try k8s

Best regards,

--
Ondrej Ptak
Quality Engineer, BaseOS QE - Apps