[Container-tools] Atomic-App positioning...

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 17:23:14 UTC 2015

Comments/proposals inline:

On 1 Oct 2015 10:25 am, "Carl Trieloff" <cctrieloff at redhat.com> wrote:

> AtomicApp is..
>
> a OCI-packaged, executable application definition

an OCI-pacakaged...

> single or multi-container applications
>
> a way to distribute container applications (to RHEL, AEP? and OpenShift,
kube, etc, etc)

This is confusing as we mix products and technologies. EG AEP includes
kube, as does rhel and openshift. I would talk about either product or
tech. Personally I would choose products...

> a way to configure, re-use and compose, share, composite applications

This specifies composite twice (composite apps have been made by composing
things).

Reflecting, I might go for "a way to configure and share reusable and
composable applications" as the. We split the things people can do with
atomic app from the characteristics of the apps that are built using it.