[Container-tools] Atomicapp lifecycle definition (new verbs/architectural structure)

Dusty Mabe dusty at dustymabe.com
Wed Oct 7 16:34:53 UTC 2015

Last week in the f2f meeting we discussed reworking the user flow (and
ultimately the internal architecture for atomicapp). I created a gist [1]
to summarize our discussion. The gist shouldn't be interpreted too
literally (from an implementation details perspective) but rather we
should use it as a goal for the future and modify the details as
necessary.

One of the decisions that came out of this was to change our verbage
around certain cli based operations. We'd like to make this change
while still being able to use the atomic cli in order to run
atomicapps. I have propsed on the atomic-devel list that we add the
ability to define arbitrary run/exe labels to containers that can be
executed with atomic cli. See discussion here [2].

- Dusty

[1] - https://gist.github.com/dustymabe/2b8920b28561871a256e
[2] - https://lists.projectatomic.io/projectatomic-archives/atomic-devel/2015-October/msg00005.html