[Container-tools] Creating a download location for ADB Vagrant boxes

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Thu Oct 8 11:30:40 UTC 2015

On 10/08/2015 04:49 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> On 08/10/15 11:46, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:

> 77.
> html
>>
>> how do yo define the target audience for this content ? that would
>> then define what release cadence you want to setup, and where you
>> want to host the content and how you want to announce ( and where
>> to )
>>> The target audience of ADB box would be users who want to try
>>> out atomicapp, Nulecule, OpenShift, docker (on Windows and OS
>>> X).
> so, 'try out' only ?
Nope. I should have used better words. Its for application developers
who will benefit using the Vagrant box (Refer the Project Readme)

> the key being that if you want to provide the people on this mailing
> list with a very fast release cycle, perhaps nightly, so they can
> validate their own work rapidly V/s providing the wider contributor
> base V/s provider the wider userbase ( ! contributor ).
>
> For the second two of those situations is where it makes sense to use
> centos.org resources, and then do quickstart guides, announces,
> mechanics from the CentOS side of things.
>
> I suspect the first of those groups is likely happy with a yum update
> in an established box, nightly ?

The kickstart file for the Vagrant box is changing . So its just not yum
update. Also we might want to change the default Vagrantfile which comes
with the Image (may be an enhancement to image-factory or a separate
script).

Using CentOS resources fine with me. Actually that would be welcome.
However I guess we have to wait little more to get all required
resources [1]

[1]
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2015-October/013917.html

Thanks,