[Container-tools] CDK Server Adapter - First Demo

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Fri Oct 30 02:40:39 UTC 2015

>> 1) I assume we'll have a GUI that asks them for redhat.com
>> username/password (in the installer?), and that this will be
>> automatically wired through to vagrant (not an eclipse thing, just a
>> vagrant/env variable thing :-) to avoid that prompt
>
> Yeah, we need to decide where to keep these credentials. Still
> investigating. Probably somewhere in foundation.

Where/how this is handled with our foundation module I think is
irrelevant.

The cdk server would need some UI to let users specify it and pass on to
the launch.

>> 3) The installer will set up a CDK by default, so you don't need to
>> locate the Vagrantfile etc.
>
> It's good to have it here for now, so we can see where problem points
> might be before we get to integrating the various pieces together.
> Everything is fluid for now... all PoC.  Nothing will remain the same
> ;)

I don't think this part will need to change much if at all. You must
have a way to change or specify the location anyway - Pete is just
referring to that the value of this should be auto configured when we
have run our installer.

And that is what you are working on with adding a way to detect
installed CDK by scanning a directory that the installer will pass on to
devstudio (just like we do for EAP and other runtimes).

So in short - yes, we will automatically wire this up when installed by
the installer; and if you do this manually or you accidentally
delete/move the vagrant file the user can still manually edit this if
need be.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen