[Container-tools] vagrant plugin for adbinfo

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 14:33:13 UTC 2015

On 16 September 2015 at 23:14, Langdon White <langdon at redhat.com> wrote:
> I also can't quite tell if the proposed "adb name change"
> (https://github.com/projectatomic/adb-atomic-developer-bundle/issues/67) is
> "real". I am starting to suspect it has moved beyond "joke" and in to "may
> be we should do this." If so, we should make that change first. Thoughts on
> a name change from this group?

While there are some joke posts there, my original suggestion of
changing it to BCL still stands (with Build Containers Locally as a
backronym for a name that was born from the combination of a HAL-ified
CDK and me temporarily forgetting how the alphabet works).

The acronym collision with the Android Developer Bundle always
bothered me, as well as the fact that Atomic Developer Bundle is both
too narrow (containers you build with it aren't restricted to Atomic
Host) and too broad ("Developer Bundle" is a pretty content free
phrase).

Cheers,
Nick.