[Container-tools] CDK Bug with public IP

Zisis Lianas Zisis.Lianas at consol.de
Fri Apr 8 12:29:08 UTC 2016

Hi container guys,

I found a bug in the container development kit (cdk-2.0.0-beta5).

When I change the PUBLIC_ADDRESS in the Vagrantfile (cdk/components/rhel/rhel-ose/Vagrantfile),
it is not considered in the master-config.yaml in OpenShift. I had to fix the IP address manually to
get the Box to work.

Reproducer:

1) Customize cdk/components/rhel/rhel-ose/Vagrantfile
#PUBLIC_ADDRESS="10.1.2.2"
PUBLIC_ADDRESS="192.168.100.10"

2) start VM
vagrant up

==> default: You can now access OpenShift console on: https://192.168.100.10:8443/console
==> default:

3) Error accesing console
When accesing https://192.168.100.10:8443/console via browser and accepting the SSL
certificate, after some seconds by browser tries to open the following URL:
https://10.1.2.2:8443/oauth/authorize?client_id=openshift-web-console....

4) check /var/lib/origin/openshift.local.config/master/master-config.yaml

$ vagrant ssh
[vagrant at localhost ~]$ sudo -s
[root at localhost vagrant]# cd /var/lib/origin/openshift.local.config/master/
[root at localhost master]#
[root at localhost master]# diff master-config.yaml master-config.yaml.orig
11c11
< masterPublicURL: https://10.1.2.2:8443
---
> masterPublicURL: https://10.0.2.15:8443
13c13
< publicURL: https://10.1.2.2:8443/console/
---
> publicURL: https://10.0.2.15:8443/console/
90c90
< masterPublicURL: https://10.1.2.2:8443
---
> masterPublicURL: https://10.0.2.15:8443
97c97
< assetPublicURL: https://10.1.2.2:8443/console/
---
> assetPublicURL: https://10.0.2.15:8443/console/
109c109
< masterPublicURL: https://10.1.2.2:8443
---
> masterPublicURL: https://10.0.2.15:8443
133c133
< subdomain: cdk.vm
---
> subdomain: router.default.svc.cluster.local

I had to change the following to 192.168.100.10:
11c11
< masterPublicURL: https://10.1.2.2:8443
13c13
< publicURL: https://10.1.2.2:8443/console/
90c90
< masterPublicURL: https://10.1.2.2:8443
97c97
< assetPublicURL: https://10.1.2.2:8443/console/
109c109
< masterPublicURL: https://10.1.2.2:8443

With this workaround it works. Maybe you can fix this for the future release?

Regards,
Zisis
--
Zisis Lianas | ConSol* GmbH
Tel: +49.89.45841-422 | Franziskanerstr. 38, D-81669 Muenchen