[Container-tools] CDK Bug with public IP

Praveen Kumar kumarpraveen.nitdgp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 05:25:34 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 5:59 PM, Zisis Lianas <Zisis.Lianas at consol.de> wrote:
> Hi container guys,

Hi Zisis,

> I found a bug in the container development kit (cdk-2.0.0-beta5).
>
> When I change the PUBLIC_ADDRESS in the Vagrantfile
> (cdk/components/rhel/rhel-ose/Vagrantfile),
> it is not considered in the master-config.yaml in OpenShift. I had to fix
> the IP address manually to
> get the Box to work.
>

> Reproducer:
>
> 1) Customize cdk/components/rhel/rhel-ose/Vagrantfile
> #PUBLIC_ADDRESS="10.1.2.2"
> PUBLIC_ADDRESS="192.168.100.10"

Thank you for trying out Container Development Kit and finding a
issue. We tried to reproduce same issue[0] as you described but looks
like you are missing something or trying a older version of CDK (This
issue was part of beta4). As per your given details and logs, looks
like you used 'libvirt' as provider for vagrant box, I would suggest
you to give it another try after following below steps because libvirt
keeps VM snapshot which gets load (In your case a older one).

# vagrant destroy (If box is running)
# rm -fr .vagrant (Same location where your custom vagrant file is)
# rm -fr /var/lib/libvirt/images/*_0.img && systemctl restart libvirtd
(This will remove any snapshot which libvirt created, please do a
double check by inspecting '/var/lib/libvirt/images' dir)
# vagrant up (Using your custom vagrant file)

[0] http://fpaste.org/353710/35217614/

Let us know if you still faced same issue.

--
Praveen Kumar
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kumarpraveen