[Container-tools] VDI + CDK

Aaron Weitekamp aweiteka at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 13:16:55 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 7:52 AM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:

> Do we have any recommendations for how to run the CDK in a VDI
> (
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop_virtualization#Virtual_desktop_infrastructure
> )
> set up - where thousands of developers connect to servers and run
> virtual desktops. In particular, I'm thinking about the nested
> virtualization performance hit.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Honestly, my recommendation for this use case would be not to use the CDK
at all. Rather, deploy a quota limited openshift dev cluster with
self-provisioning enabled. The goal for these orgs is managed, efficient,
centralized environments so a container cluster fits into this quite well.

If we have CDK features that do not meet the requirements maybe these can
run as services in the cluster. Don't know. Just putting it out there.

​