[Container-tools] Version incompatibility of Docker client and server - projectatomic/vagrant-adbinfo issue #85

Shubham Minglani sminglan at redhat.com
Fri Feb 5 13:11:41 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

Exactly, if this works in Windows like Zeeshan pointed out, then nothing else is required.

> > One remote api call machanism would be enough to handle this I believe.
> >
> > Please let me know where I can get a detail understanding of vagrant
> > connect
> > command how it works?
> >

> The later solution i.e. using docker API ( from within guest VM ), is good
> because it will make the whole experience seamless for the user. However
> before we step-up writing any code, lets brainstorm the functionality we
> want to provide here. Specifically because, this will involve understanding
> Docker API, as well as Vagrant plugins.

docker-py is pretty straight forward and fun to use, but not as *complete* as the docker CLI client is. So some API calls will have to be made here and there besides using docker-py to do certain tasks, if I'm correct!

- Shubham