[Container-tools] Version incompatibility of Docker client and server - projectatomic/vagrant-adbinfo issue #85

Saleem Ansari sansari at redhat.com
Fri Feb 5 12:59:54 UTC 2016

> > > If not, why not use the docker API client of the same version as present
> > > in
> > > ADB (docker-py or similar)?
> >
> > Are you suggesting writing a tool using docker-py module?

I think if downloading a self-contained docker binary, solves the version conflict, then we should just go with that approach. Zeshaan, already provided a means to set a default docker binary on Windows ( using `set` command ). This will give flexibility to the end-users, as they can choose whichever way they want to maintain their docker versions. Perhaps this should go in the user documentation.

> One remote api call machanism would be enough to handle this I believe.
>
> Please let me know where I can get a detail understanding of vagrant connect
> command how it works?

The later solution i.e. using docker API ( from within guest VM ), is good because it will make the whole experience seamless for the user. However before we step-up writing any code, lets brainstorm the functionality we want to provide here. Specifically because, this will involve understanding Docker API, as well as Vagrant plugins.

/Saleem