[Container-tools] sshfs progress - try it out

Dusty Mabe dusty at dustymabe.com
Tue Feb 23 01:06:48 UTC 2016

On 02/21/2016 10:36 PM, Dusty Mabe wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I made some progress this weekend with the vagrant sshfs plugin. It
> still has a lot of cleanup to go but I think it is ready for people to
> start trying it out and reporting any issues that they find.
>
> The code is at [1]. Right now I don't encourage you to dive in to the
> code. I anticipate I'll have it ready for other eyes in a day or two.
>
> For now what I would like people to do is to try to use it on various
> platforms and see where issues crop up.
>
> Here are the instructions for using it in its current form:
>
> - Install the plugin:
>   # vagrant plugin install vagrant-dusty-sshfs --plugin-source https://dustymabe.fedorapeople.org/gemrepo/
>
> - Add a synced folder line to your Vagrantfile
>   # config.vm.synced_folder "/path/on/host", "/path/on/guest", type: "sshfs"
>
> - If you don't want to be prompted for a password then use ssh keys
>   and forward your agent in the Vagrantfile. You must have a key in
>   your agent that has an entry in the authorized_keys file on the
>   host (your workstation).
>   # config.ssh.forward_agent = 'true'
>

> This should work fine on centos/fedora. It should also work fine on
> rhel but probably won't go so smooth until the system is properly
> registered so that packages can be downloaded and installed.

More code work today on the train. There is a new version up so you
can do the following to update to it:

# vagrant plugin update vagrant-dusty-sshfs

I also added a "command" so now you can run "vagrant sshfs" and it
will mount all of the sshfs synced folder entries from the
Vagrantfile.

Any updates on this working on Mac/Windows/etc..

I am working with the author of the original vagrant-sshfs plugin to
see if we can go with this implementation or if we need to make a new
name for it.

- Dusty