[Container-tools] Enhance Vagrant Service-Manager with a Provisioner

Brian (bex) Exelbierd bex at pobox.com
Wed Feb 24 10:34:10 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We'd like input on a proposed enhancement to vagrant service-manager.

We would like to extend the plugin to have a provisioner as well.  This
provisioner would be a vagrant hook that would launch as soon as the
vagrant box was fully configured and up, according to vagrant.

The provisioner would do the actual work of starting any requested
services (i.e. OpenShift or Kubernetes) as well as handle the startup
and setup of docker and its TLS certificates.

This essentially gives us more control over the initialization process
and allows us to bypass the race-issue we have with the second network
adapter showing up late in the boot process.l

We hope to have a first cut of this code this week.  We appreciate your
feedback.

Please keep an eye on the github repo [1] as the final PR will be posted
there.

There is a start at
https://github.com/projectatomic/vagrant-service-manager/pull/54

[1] https://github.com/projectatomic/vagrant-service-manager