[Container-tools] Ways to enable Vagrant Service-Manager plugin

Budh Ram budhram.gurung01 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 16:15:39 UTC 2016

Hi All,

We would like to get input on different ways of enabling "vagrant
service-manager" plugin [1].

We could come up with following possible ways:

1. Enable for all Vagrant boxes regardless.

2. Set "enabled" flag "true" in Vagrantfile unless we specify any
service(s).

   config.servicemanager.enabled = true

   or

   config.servicemanager.services = 'openshift'

3. Detect when to enable based on a set of names(particulary box name like
'projectatomic/adb')

In above three cases, "docker" service will run by default.
Hence, for 2nd case, "config.servicemanager.services = 'docker'" is useless
[2].

We hope to have this code to be in next release.  We appreciate your
feedback.