[Container-tools] Ways to enable Vagrant Service-Manager plugin

Brian (bex) Exelbierd bex at pobox.com
Mon Feb 29 08:39:19 UTC 2016

On Feb 26, 2016, at 6:15 PM, Budh Ram <budhram.gurung01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We would like to get input on different ways of enabling "vagrant service-manager" plugin [1].
>
> We could come up with following possible ways:
>
> 1. Enable for all Vagrant boxes regardless.

I think this is too invasive.

> 2. Set "enabled" flag "true" in Vagrantfile unless we specify any service(s).
>
>    config.servicemanager.enabled = true
>
>    or
>
>    config.servicemanager.services = 'openshift'

This would work.  I believe that "config.service-manager.services = 'docker'" should also be accepted, even though it is a noop as pointed out below.

> 3. Detect when to enable based on a set of names(particulary box name like 'projectatomic/adb')

I like box detection.  I do not like detecting it via name.  Could we scan for /etc/release information? How heavy would this be on unrelated boxes, especially non-Linux ones?

regards,

bex