[Container-tools] Decision Regarding New Verbs In Atomic App

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 13:40:50 UTC 2016

On 19 January 2016 at 08:23, Dusty Mabe <dusty at dustymabe.com> wrote:
> For getting the answers file people could choose to just grab the answers
> file
> from the application or they could choose to fetch the whole app into a
> local dir:
>
> # atomic run myapp --mode=genanswers  --> Puts generated answers.conf in cwd
> # atomic run myapp --mode=fetch --destination=/my/tmp/dir --> extracts app
> to target dir

I'm assuming these two examples supposed to be "fetch" examples.

> We'd like to get some feedback on this path forward. The two items that are
> important are:
>
> - The deviation from the verbs as discussed at the F2F [1]
> - The dropping on "install" as a verb for now (functionality replaced by
> "fetch")

As an interested-observer-but-not-current-user, the install/run
distinction in atomic was never clear to me (especially when working
with a typically remote provider like Kubernetes or OpenShift).

However, the fetch/run distinction is very clear, and I like the
parallel with git fetch.

Regards,
Nick.