[Container-tools] How to provision minishift (ansible)

Gerard Braad me at gbraad.nl
Mon Apr 2 06:29:26 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 12:53 PM, Praveen Kumar
<kumarpraveen.nitdgp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 4:39 PM, Charles Moulliard <cmoullia at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Unfortunately the way that the centos's vm used by minishift is
>> designed/partitionned doesn' t allow us to run playbooks as vm crashes
> Problem is our current ISO is the live one so even you are able to
> install something at first then when during reboot it will again
> vanish. I am not yet sure why VM is crashing when only downloading the
> oc binary, you can try to download it under /var/lib/minishift and see
> if still same issue (you need to add that PATH then so it will be
> executable by ansible playbook).

For more information related to the crash and alternatives, please see:

  https://github.com/minishift/minishift/issues/2208

> What do you recommend to do to provision minishift using ansible ?

But let's try to answer this one. From my understanding, you mean to
utilize the OpenShift Ansible scripts to setup a developer
environment? Well, the intention of the scripts is to setup a
production-grade cluster. We would need an all-in-one setup, and this
means to make compromises. This is, as I can understand, likely a
scenario that can cause issues which might result in a suboptimal
setups when a production setup was intended.

Let's day this is part of the discussions we are going to have with
the OpenShift team responsible for the rewrite of the `cluster up`
bootstrap method. At the moment this is a big unknown...

regards,

Gerard