[Crash-utility] Crash extensions and GPL

Castor Fu castor.fu at 3pardata.com
Tue Dec 12 22:40:04 UTC 2006

Would it be possible to modify the license for crash so extensions
would not be subject to the GPL?  Our developers create extensions
which use our proprietary source code, and while they are most
useful in-house, it'd be nice to be able to ship them to customers.

We're certainly interested in contributing back generically useful code,
but this would be a 'nice to have'.

I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not sure how to modify the license, but I could
ask people here for help if this seems reasonable.

    -castor