[Crash-utility] crash-4.0-2.30 broken on 2.6.17-rc6-mm2 ?

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Thu Jun 15 18:43:49 UTC 2006

Badari Pulavarty wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 13:31 -0400, Dave Anderson wrote:
> > Badari Pulavarty wrote:
> >
> > > Just realized that -mm has patches to remove system_utsname.
> > > Thing to watch out for future changes for crash.
> > >

> > What does sys_uname() read?
>
> system_utsname is gone in -mm2. Instead, it gets it from namespace
> thingy ..
>
> static inline struct new_utsname *utsname(void)
> {
>         return &current->nsproxy->uts_ns->name;
> }

Ok, thanks...

Well, at a minimum we'll have to skip the
verify_namelist() stage, or perhaps call it later,
some time after:

(1) task_init() is complete, and
(2) the required new_utsname fields get filled in from
    following the trail above, perhaps from the first
    idle task?

Unless there's some other way we can access it.

Not a major problem, I wouldn't think...