[Crash-utility] crash-4.0-2.30 broken on 2.6.17-rc6-mm2 ?

Jun'ichi Nomura j-nomura at ce.jp.nec.com
Thu Jun 15 20:59:52 UTC 2006

Hi,

Dave Anderson wrote:
>> static inline struct new_utsname *utsname(void)
>> {
>>         return &current->nsproxy->uts_ns->name;
>> }
>>

> Ok, thanks...
>
> Well, at a minimum we'll have to skip the
> verify_namelist() stage, or perhaps call it later,
> some time after:
>
> (1) task_init() is complete, and
> (2) the required new_utsname fields get filled in from
>     following the trail above, perhaps from the first
>     idle task?
>
> Unless there's some other way we can access it.

I think you can get it from init_uts_ns.name,
where 'name' is struct new_utsname.

   init/version.c:
   struct uts_namespace init_uts_ns = {
         .kref = {
                 .refcount       = ATOMIC_INIT(2),
         },
         .name = {
                 .sysname        = UTS_SYSNAME,
                 .nodename       = UTS_NODENAME,
                 .release        = UTS_RELEASE,
                 .version        = UTS_VERSION,
                 .machine        = UTS_MACHINE,
                 .domainname     = UTS_DOMAINNAME,
         },
   };

Jun'ichi Nomura, NEC Solutions (America), Inc.