[Crash-utility] xencrash: crash analisys tool for Xen hypervisor

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Mon Oct 30 15:35:32 UTC 2006

> Hello Itsuro,
>
> I have only briefly scanned your patch, and find it very
> interesting.  I am not at all familiar with the hypervisor
> code, but I do have a couple simple questions at this point:
>
> 1. Is it necessary to create a separate "xencrash"
>    binary?  Would it be possible to create a single
>    crash binary that can be used for both vmlinux
>    and xen-syms sessions?

Sorry about this -- I missed the following two parts of
the Makefile and main.c patches!

+
+xencrash: crash
+       cp -f crash xencrash

+       if (STREQ(pc->program_name, "xencrash"))
+               pc->flags |= XEN_HYPER;

However, given the above, I wonder whether it would be possible
to postpone the setting of the XEN_HYPER flag from the
setup_environment() function until later on in main() when
the command line arguments are parsed?  Wouldn't it be possible
to recognize that the xen-syms object file is the hypervisor
binary, and to set the XEN_HYPER flag at that point?