[Crash-utility] crash version 4.0-4.7 is available

Michael Holzheu holzheu at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Sep 26 16:03:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 10:03 -0400, Dave Anderson wrote:
> Any results on or s390/s390x?

I tried some of our s390 service scripts. It seems that sial in crash
has some problems accessing kernel datatype information:

We have the following code in one of our sial scripts:

                offset = offsetof(struct klist_node, n_node) +
                         offsetof(struct device, knode_driver) +
                         offsetof(struct subchannel, dev);

crash> devices
File /root/service/sial/devices.sial, line 171, Error: Unknown member
name [n_node]

But crash knows that "struct klist_node" has member n_node:

crash> whatis klist_node
struct klist_node {
    struct klist *n_klist;
    struct list_head n_node;
    struct kref n_ref;
    struct completion n_removed;
}

The same script works fine using lcrash.

Michael