[Crash-utility] Re: SIAL on s390

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Wed Sep 26 18:13:40 UTC 2007

Michael Holzheu wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 10:03 -0400, Dave Anderson wrote:
>
>>Any results on or s390/s390x?
>

> I tried some of our s390 service scripts. It seems that sial in crash
> has some problems accessing kernel datatype information:
>
> We have the following code in one of our sial scripts:

>                 offset = offsetof(struct klist_node, n_node) +
>                          offsetof(struct device, knode_driver) +
>                          offsetof(struct subchannel, dev);
>

> crash> devices
> File /root/service/sial/devices.sial, line 171, Error: Unknown member
> name [n_node]
>
> But crash knows that "struct klist_node" has member n_node:
>
> crash> whatis klist_node
> struct klist_node {
>     struct klist *n_klist;
>     struct list_head n_node;
>     struct kref n_ref;
>     struct completion n_removed;
> }
>
> The same script works fine using lcrash.
>
> Michael

I've changed the subject, and forward this to Luc.

He seems to be absent today, or perhaps is ignoring
crash-utility email, or mail with the "crash version 4.0-4.7
is available" subject, or whatever.

In any case, with all sial-related queries, patches, etc.,
please also cc: your post to Luc's direct email address
lucchouina at yahoo.com.