[Crash-utility] mod -S and debuginfo kernel rpm

Guy Streeter streeter at redhat.com
Tue Apr 21 15:16:00 UTC 2009

Dave Anderson wrote:
> With "mod -S", it will use the fully qualified pathname to the stripped module
> as the starting point, i.e., /lib/modules/<release>/<path-to-module-directory>.
> It will look in that directory, in the .debug subdirectory in that directory,
> and finally in /usr/lib/debug/lib/modules/<release>/<path-to-module-directory>.

How difficult would it be to support one user-specified prefix string,
or at least look in "./" as well as "/"? This would help a lot with the
systems we set up specifically for core analysis. We really don't want
to install the debuginfo rpms for every kernel we might need to look at
Updating the system tends to wipe them all out, and iirc they over-write
some of each other's files.

--Guy