[Crash-utility] mod -S and debuginfo kernel rpm

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Tue Apr 21 15:23:20 UTC 2009

----- "Guy Streeter" <streeter at redhat.com> wrote:

> Dave Anderson wrote:
> How difficult would it be to support one user-specified prefix string,
> or at least look in "./" as well as "/"? This would help a lot with the
> systems we set up specifically for core analysis. We really don't want
> to install the debuginfo rpms for every kernel we might need to look at
> Updating the system tends to wipe them all out, and iirc they over-write
> some of each other's files.

Right -- see my last email that I just sent before seeing yours.
You already can specify an alternative for the stripped module
directory starting path, but I don't believe it will find the
associated .ko.debug file.

So we're talking about two different scenarios:

(1) Michael has both the /lib/modules/... and /usr/lib/debug/lib/modules/...
    trees dumped in his current directory, and
(2) I believe you're specifying that only /usr/lib/debug/lib/modules/...
    tree would be in your current directory.

But with (2), the base stripped module directory starting path still
needs to be there (someplace).