[Crash-utility] mod -S and debuginfo kernel rpm

Guy Streeter streeter at redhat.com
Tue Apr 21 18:07:36 UTC 2009

Dave Anderson wrote:

> In other words, are you suggesting that there would be
> "./lib" and "./usr" subdirectories in your current directory?
> Where the base modules would live under "./lib" and the
> debug modules would live under "./usr"?  (like Michael's setup)
>
> That would be best -- it would do-able to just enhance the currently-
> existing "mod -S [directory]" option to do the right thing automatically
> when dealing with split dumpfiles.
>
> I just want to get everybody on the same page.

We can set up the directories however we need to. It's automated, so the
labor involved is not an issue. The result we want is to be able to do
symbolic debugging in loadable modules when the target kernel and
debuginfo packages are not "installed" on the system.

It would help also if this would "just work", either because the current
directory is searched or because crash could be invoked with an option
or env var that pointed to the location.

--Guy