[Crash-utility] Re: Cannot open dump when using 2G/2G memory split with 2.6.27.21 SMP x86 kernel

Tero Pirkkanen tp at pirkkanen.net
Thu May 28 08:06:58 UTC 2009

Hi again

Something was not right in my last post.

> <readmem: 8053f700, KVADDR, "kernel_config_data", 32768, (ROE), 97ab7f8>
..
> <readmem: 807348c0, KVADDR, "cpu_possible_map", 4, (ROE), 8430680>
..

Now after sending this mail, I noticed that the values from running
system that I
copy-pasted do not actually match to symbols from image.

 # cat /proc/kallsyms |grep kernel_config_data
> 8053e700 r kernel_config_data
> # cat /proc/kallsyms |grep cpu_possible_map
> 807328c0 B cpu_possible_map

I did check them previously but now I need to verify them again. I
have tried several
combinations, so it might be that I just booted up the wrong kernel.
If this is just a stupid user error, I'll apologize for taking your time...

Tero