[Crash-utility] [RFC] gcore subcommand: a process coredump feature

Adrien Kunysz adk at redhat.com
Tue Aug 3 08:00:56 UTC 2010

HATAYAMA Daisuke wrote:
>> However, I think that this could be a useful feature, and I did
>> take a quick look at how it could be done several months ago when
>> it was brought up on this mailing list.  However, as you discovered,
>
> I hear for the first time that the same kind of proposal was already
> proposed previously on this mailing list. I try to find it to compare
> with mine.

AFAIK many people are interested in this feature and it has been discussed
before but nobody actually offered a patch until now. Last thread I am aware of
is this one:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/crash-utility/2010-February/msg00055.html

Admittedly, that thread is just about extracting an userland backtrace. Maybe
your patch can be adapted to add a "btu" command (or maybe "bt -u") to extract
an userland backtrace directly?

Thank you very much anyway :)