[Crash-utility] Fix fatal problems in PPC

Toshikazu Nakayama nakayama.ts at ncos.nec.co.jp
Mon Oct 24 10:09:23 UTC 2011

Hello Dave,

I'm trying to use crash configured with PPC on linux-2.6.27 powerpc.
And when crash started with /dev/mem, I found some problems and fixed them.

I'm afraid that PPC32 is now not maintained for long time,
most people use PPC64 only?
I don't know true reason but if possible, please check attached patch set.

Report of problems which I met as below:
[problem 1] Display type mismatch WARNING
   WARNING: machine type mismatch:
            crash utility: PPC
            vmlinux: (unknown)
-> Simply lacking of verification, remove WARNING with 0001

[problem 2] Display vmalloc fault WARNING
   WARNING: cannot access vmalloc'd module memory
-> PTE index was wrong, fix with 0002

[problem 3] Repeat "invalid task address in pid_hash:" 500 times
   crash: invalid task address in pid_hash: c8818450
-> Alignment check was too old, fix with 0003

[problem 4] bt command is always SEGV while accessing stack frame
-> Similar to problem 3, fix with 0004

I continue to test the basic command regressions or
update PPC implementation by learning from PPC64.

Thanks,
Toshi