[Crash-utility] How to use scripts in crash?

Alex Sidorenko alexandre.sidorenko at hp.com
Thu Mar 8 15:34:51 UTC 2012

On March 8, 2012 11:11:36 PM Lei Wen wrote:
> Seem I get no luck to build out the pykdump...
> I git clone its tree from:
> git://pykdump.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/pykdump/pykdump
> After this, I do the ./configure -c <crash build place>
> and then make, the following error shows up:
> Makefile:24: slocal.mk: No such file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target `slocal.mk'.  Stop.

Hi Bruce,

some time ago it was possible to build PyKdump with distribution-provided
Python, but then I have realized it does not make much sense as it would be
difficult to redistribute it.

So the only supported approach at this moment is to to build Python from
sources first and then build PyKdump using Python libraries from this build.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/pykdump/index.php?title=BuildingGit

explains this in more details. In particular, you need to specify _both_
locations of crash sources and Python sources, e.g.

$ ./configure -p /src/Python/Python-2.7.2 -c /src/kerntools/crash-6.0.3

After this slocal.mk will be created.

Regards,
Alex

Alexandre Sidorenko             email: asid at hp.com