[Crash-utility] kernel module parsing failure - mips

Sagar Borikar sagar.borikar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 00:06:20 UTC 2016

Hi Dave,

With 7.1.7, crash is working for MIPS when all drivers are embedded
inside kernel.
When I make the driver loadable and panic the kernel, crash doesn't
locate some symbols correctly.

please wait... (gathering module symbol data)
crash: invalid size request: 0  type: "pgd page"

debugged further and find  that PGD_ORDER provides incorrect number
due to which the PGD_SIZE macro results in 0.

Just for fun, I replaced PGD_ORDER with 0(I know its incorrect) and it
went ahead but couldn't run "mod" command successfully as it threw
following error

crash> mod
mod: cannot access vmalloc'd module memory

Any idea?

Thanks
Sagar