[Crash-utility] crash: page excluded: kernel virtual address: ffffffff81e3da50 type: "page_offset_base"

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Mon Nov 27 15:21:24 UTC 2017

----- Original Message -----

... [ cut ] ...

> BTW, I think the fedora version crash tool should works well with fedora
> kernel? But in my test, crash 7.1.9.3 & 4.13.13-300.fc27.x86_64, crash
> report:
>
>   crash: cannot resolve "init_level4_pgt"
>
> which is said is solved in crash 7.2.0

Unfortunately the version of crash that comes with each Fedora base release
runs the risk of becoming obsolete as soon as they update the Fedora kernel
with a new upstream kernel.  So crash will not necessarily "work well with
fedora kernel", depending upon which kernel version you are running.

I update the crash package in Fedora's "rawhide" branch whenever I do an
upstream crash release, which can be found here:

  Information for package crash
  https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=307

There you can find crash-7.2.0-1.fc28.