[Crash-utility] Using crash with structure layout randomized kernel

Cao jin caoj.fnst at cn.fujitsu.com
Tue Jan 23 11:00:28 UTC 2018

Hi Dave,

    Recently I was trying crash tool with kdump dumpfile & structure
layout randomized kernel[*](), and it fails without any surprise. After
looking into the different errors crash reports, I can confirm it is a
result from randomized structure layout.

So my questions is, do you ever consider supporting this feature[*] in
crash?
  If yes, do you have any plan & technique evaluation about it?
  If no, what's the reason?

[*]https://lwn.net/Articles/722293/
--
Sincerely,