[Crash-utility] Suggestion: Testing of crash patches before submissions

David Wysochanski dwysocha at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 09:12:19 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Recently I found a regression and also in the past have seen other
regressions.  I am not sure what tests are currently run or expected
for patches.

Since this project has transitioned away from the original author, and
there are many contributors, it may be more important to have some
tests in the project, especially for trickier areas, uncommon options,
and unique vmcores.  There are also numerous ways to validate patches
in a CI system now.  I started building one but then realized it
probably should be done inside the upstream project if possible.

Thanks.