[Crash-utility] git repositories for gcore/trace commands under crash-utility project

Kazuhito Hagio kazuhito.hagio at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 06:19:38 UTC 2020

Hi Hatayama-san, Lianbo, Bhupesh,

Lianbo, thanks for your thoughts, I think we agree.

Bhupesh, if you have any concerns from Red Hat's view point,
please let us know.

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 10:52 AM d.hatayama at fujitsu.com
<d.hatayama at fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Hagio san,

> > > I think it would be better.
> > >
> > > But the official maintainer doesn't respond for some time.
> > > If we make it independent, I don't want to leave it unclear.
> > > Do you mean that Fujitsu folks will maintain the trace.c? :)
> >
> > Yes. I'll do it. Please update the maintainer name of trace.c
> > in https://crash-utility.github.io/extensions.html.

That's great!

> So, is it OK to think that you have accepted to make another git
> repository of trace.c? If so, I'll next make it actually and then
> inform of it to you later.

Yes, please proceed.

After that, we will need to do some changes, e.g. remove extensions/trace.c
from the crash repository and modify related parts.

As for moving the extension repositories into the crash utility project, I also
don't think it's preferable, because to have an extension's repository might
imply some responsibility for it.  We provide the extension modules page [1]
for them, but are not going to broaden the scope for now.

[1] https://crash-utility.github.io/extensions.html

Thanks,
Kazu